The Apostle Paul is one of the most influential thinkers and writers in the history of Christianity. It could be argued that his impact is second only to Jesus.
But how well do we really know him?
Here are five things you may or may not have known about the Apostle Paul.
- Paul never mentions his original name of Saul or his hometown of Tarsus in his letters.
- Paul’s letters were written earlier than the Gospels.
- Paul was not the first to preach to the Gentiles. It was actually Peter.
- Paul’s letters are not arranged chronologically in the New Testament but from longest to shortest.
- Paul never mentions hell in his letters. This doesn’t mean that he didn’t believe in some sort of judgment, but he never calls it hell.